Blogging is an interactive way of publishing your content on the web. From a practical viewpoint, blogging just makes sense. It can be the perfect form to establish your expertise and prove your value. With minimal effort and expense, you can build credibility, boost search engine rankings, increase website traffic, and foster relationships with potential and prevailing customers. This is an opportunity that no small business should avoid. WordPress is the reliable place for your personal blog or business site.
Following are the steps below to set up a free blog on WordPress.
- Think of a unique blog URL that will help readers find you. Before you begin with setting up a blog, prepare a list of potential website address (URL) names. Bloggers usually use their name in the URL. Keep in mind that all free WordPress.com websites have “wordpress.com” in the URL, also to your ‘chosen’ website address name.
- Select how your blog should look like. You can have a look at WordPress free theme library to get ideas about how you would like your blog to appear. The theme is the frame that constitutes the basic design and holds your posts. You can even register your blog and then decide on a theme later.
- Register yourself on WordPress.com by clicking on ‘sign up.’ Type in your blog address choice on the next page. Subsequently, choose a username and a password, type in the email address associated with the account, and choose a language and get started after completing the registration.
- Add Widgets to enhance the design and functionality of your blog. You can select what you want your readers to see and use in the right margin of your website. Adding a Meta box will enable you to log easily into your site.
- Publish Your First Post on the left side of the menu bar by clicking the option of ‘Add new.’ It is recommended you write your posts in a word processing program, before adding on the “new post” page. After you add the post on WordPress box, click on ‘save draft.’ To view the page, click the ‘Preview’ button to see how it will appear when published. When you are happy with the presentation of the post, just click on ‘publish’ to add your first blog.